Moving house can be a stressful experience, and one of the biggest challenges is figuring out what to do with all your belongings between moves. Whether you’re downsizing or upgrading to a larger space, you’ll likely need some storage options to keep your things safe and secure during the transition.
There are several storage options available, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Here are some of the most popular storage options to consider when moving house:
- Self-storage units Self-storage units are an excellent option if you need a secure and convenient place to store your belongings. These units are typically located in a large facility, and you can rent them on a monthly basis. You can choose the size of the unit that you need, and you’ll have access to it whenever you need to retrieve or add items.
- Portable storage containers Portable storage containers are an increasingly popular option for people who are moving house. These containers are dropped off at your home, and you can fill them up at your own pace. Once you’re ready to move, the company will pick up the container and transport it to your new location. This option is convenient because you don’t have to worry about transporting your belongings to a storage facility.
- Renting a storage room If you only need to store a few items, renting a storage room in a friend’s or family member’s house can be a cost-effective option. Make sure that the room is secure and that your belongings are protected from damage or theft.
- Garage or shed If you have a garage or shed at your new home, you can store some of your belongings there during the move. This option is convenient and cost-effective, but it’s important to make sure that your belongings are protected from weather and theft.
- Professional moving companies Professional moving companies can provide storage options for your belongings during the move. They may have their own storage facilities, or they may work with a third-party provider. This option is not the cheapest, but it’s convenient and secure. Check out our storage partner Cinch Storage
When choosing a storage option, it’s important to consider the size of your belongings, the length of time you’ll need to store them, and your budget. You should also look for a storage option that is secure, climate-controlled, and offers insurance for your belongings.
In conclusion, there are many storage options available when moving house. Self-storage units, portable storage containers, renting a storage room, using your garage or shed, and professional moving companies are all viable options. Consider your needs, budget, and the level of security you require before choosing the storage option that’s right for you.